______________________________Archived Direct Input News Headlines______________________________
Irish Anti-War Movement AGM 19th April 2008
Wed 19 Mar 2008 12:30 am filed by the Editor - Events
The annual general meeting of the Irish Anti-War Movement will take place on 19th April 2008 in the Royal Dublin Hotel, O Connell St Dublin. All paid up members are entitled to attend the AGM.
1. All members may attend a general meeting provided that the current membership fee has been paid in advance of the meeting. All affiliates may send one delegate to a general meeting provided that the current affiliation fee has been paid in advance of the meeting.
2. All members and delegates have one vote each at a general meeting.
3. A decision of a general meeting of the IAWM is binding on the SC and overrides any previous decisions. This constitution may only be amended by a general meeting. However, amendments to this constitution may be made by the next quarterly delegate meeting held after the general meeting of 08 May 2004, which adopted this constitution.
4. A steering committee shall be elected at each AGM.
5. Draft resolutions and nominations for the steering committee should be submitted to the Secretary at least 14 days beforehand. The secretary shall publish draft resolutions at least 7 days beforehand.
Submitting Resolutions Resolutions may be submitted the secretary via e-mail email@example.com with the subject "AGM Motions" They may also be added to the Page http://www.irishantiwar.org/node/159.
They may also be posted to The Irish Anti-War Movement PO Box 9260 Dublin 1.
Registration Members may register at the AGM or they may sign up for the AGM on this page (http://www.irishantiwar.org/node/159).